At Delmarva Power, the safety of our customers, contractors, and employees is our top priority. Due to the impact of COVID-19, we are currently implementing no-contact recycling pickups. Ahead of the scheduled pickup, appliances must be outside of customer residences in the designated locations (garage, porch, outbuilding). If you are unable to comply with the no-contact pickup guidelines or would prefer to receive an in-home pickup, you will be added to our priority list and a representative will contact you once in-home pickups resume. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
For a no-contact pickup, be sure to print the authorization form provided in this application and place inside your unit prior to pickup.
How to Participate:
- Unit must be collected from a designated outside location (garage, porch or outbuilding).
- Get $50 for recycling an old, working refrigerator or freezer.
- Get an additional $25 if you recycle an old, working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time as your refrigerator or freezer.
- You must be a Delmarva Power customer with a valid account number. Your appliance(s) will be picked up at no charge from the address listed on your billing account.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier, or room air conditioner.
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out, and room air conditioner must be removed from window prior to pickup.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be defrosted and dry, drip pan drained, and water lines disconnected.
- Your appliance(s) must be plugged in, so the driver can verify it is in working condition. We are unable to accept any appliances with mold or mildew damage.
- You must ensure that your refrigerator or freezer is closed securely (door must be taped shut) and cannot be opened by children.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for appliance removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present in the home at the time of pickup.
- Limit of two large appliances (refrigerators and/or freezers) and two small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per residential account per year.
For questions, call 888-997-9108