Oldest Fridge Contest
Orders placed 4/22/22 through 5/20/22 and picked up by 6/03/22 will be eligible to take part in the Oldest Fridge Contest.
- 1st place - $250 + Google Nest Learning Thermostat (worth $249)
- 2nd place - Google Nest Learning Thermostat (worth $249)
How to participate
- Customers are eligible for 2 large units (refrigerator/freezer) AND 2 small units (AC/Dehum) per Calendar year (Ex: 2 AC's AND 2 Refrig).
- Receive $50 for recycling your qualifying fridge or freezer and get $15 if you recycle an old, working room air conditioner or dehumidifier.
- Each refrigerator or freezer MUST be empty, plugged in, cooling, and be between 10 cubic feet and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Customer must provide clear and safe access to the appliance(s) for the removal team.
- Water lines must be disconnected prior to a customer appointment.
- An adult, 18 years or older, must be present for the entire duration of the appointment.
- Air Conditioners & Dehumidifiers must be removed from the wall or window and placed near an outlet unplugged so the driver can confirm it is in working condition. (does not need a qualifying refrig. or freezer to pick up AC or Dehum).
- The removal of Air Conditioner and Dehumidifier units is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the owner of the appliance. ARCA, TRC, and NIPSCO are not liable for any injury or damage that may occur while moving the unit for ARCA pick-up
- The crew will not initiate any interaction with anyone for curbside pick up and will limit interaction for in-home pick ups once on the property to avoid possible exposure to COVID-19. In both cases, the removal team will be wearing personal protective equipment, including face coverings and gloves, as a safety precaution.
- The crew will sanitize the appliance using a sprayer before handling.
- If Scheduling a curbside pick-up:
- If choosing no-contact curbside/garage collection, unit(s) must be in front of the residence or inside the garage and accessible with a clear and safe path for removal. The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
- The curbside/garage pick-up of units is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the owner of the appliance. ARCA, TRC, and NIPSCO are not liable for any injury or damage that may occur while moving the unit for ARCA pick-up.
- Acceptable outside in front of the home locations include your porch, deck, sidewalk, driveway, and open garage.
- For no-contact pick-ups in the garage, the garage door must be open at the time of the crew's arrival or the crew will cancel the order. The crew will contact customers 10-15 minutes prior to arrival to remind them to open the garage door. Please have the garage door open before the crew's arrival.
- Should something happen to the unit while being moved or while placed outside for curbside/garage pickup such as the unit being stolen, ARCA, TRC, and NIPSCO are not liable and are not responsible for paying an incentive if the unit is not present or in working condition.
- A NIPSCO Appliance Recycling Unit Release form containing the terms and condition of the program will be created for you during scheduling. It will be emailed to you in your confirmation email if you provided an email address. The form needs to be printed signed and taped to the unit for the crew to take it.
- All units to be collected must have a signed release note/form.
- Any unit without a release form will not be collected to avoid taking the wrong appliance.
- If the unit(s) do not meet the program requirements the crew will not collect the unit and the order will be cancelled. You will be contacted in the event the unit does not qualify to explain the reason for declining the unit.
- NIPSCO/NiSource, TRC, and ARCA employees or anyone in the household are not eligible for any promotions in addition to the standard per unit recycling incentive.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Your old appliance will be destroyed and recycled, and we do not replace it.
For questions, call 888-986-8236